Kristen Halkett is a multi-disciplinary artist and designer
Made in Melbourne
Based in Melbourne, Australia, Kristen has exhibited throughout Melbourne and greater Victoria in both solo and group shows. In 2013, Kristen was named a Bayside Artist in Residence, which included a year-long residency at Billilla Studios in Brighton.
Kristen regularly shows her jewellery and ceramic work (previously known as Hellkat Designs) at curated design markets in Melbourne. A small range of this work is available in the online shop.
Kristen's process is driven by ideas and exploration, which leads to a varied practice. With a background in photomedia and painting, her oeuvre has expanded in recent years to include a variety of mediums such as ceramics, eco-dyeing and printmaking.
Photography and Design
With a great deal of experience in photography and digital processing, Kristen has taken on a wide range of freelance projects, including events, product photography and portraiture.
For the last few years she has also taught photography and digital editing workshops to small groups. Previous clients include educational institutions, freelance photographers, designers and Craft Victoria. These workshops are tailored to the students - please get in contact for more information.
Kristen has recently expanded her freelance portfolio to offer design services for small creative businesses, including promotional material, catalogues, newsletters and logos.
The KH Shop
In the Shop you will find a small range of original and limited edition art work, prints, jewellery and ceramics, all made by Kristen Halkett.
Shipping information can be found here.
Being 100% handmade – with multiple processes going into each item – slight imperfections are normal. Maker-marks add to the unique character of the piece, and are a feature of handmade work.
More information about materials and caring for objects can be found on the About Materials page.
- Render, Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy VIC
- Treasure, Toorak Village Art Walk, Toorak VIC
- It's Raining Cats and Dogs, Manyung Gallery, Mt Eliza VIC
- Obscura, Motor Works Gallery, Melbourne VIC
- Billilla Bayside Artist in Residence, Brighton VIC
- Hellkat Designs, in.cube8r Gallery, Fitzroy VIC
- The End Of The World Can Wait, Trocadero Artspace, Footscray VIC
- Monument (solo exhibition), Trocadero Artspace, Footscray VIC
- Trocadero Art Auction, Trocadero Artspace, Footscray VIC
- Monument (solo exhibition), Latrobe Regional Gallery, Gippsland VIC
- Kodak Salon, Centre for Contemporary Photography, Fitzroy VIC
- Gippsland's Creative Waste, ARC Yinnar, Gippsland VIC
- Monash Art & Design Graduand Show 2009, Monash University, Melbourne VIC
- Archival Project, Palazzo Vai, Prato ITALY
- Do You Speak English? (solo exhibition), LINK SPACE, Melbourne VIC
- Between the Masks, MADCube Gallery, Melbourne VIC
- The Recessionista Collection (performance), Melbourne VIC
Awards and Residencies
- Bayside Artist in Residence, Billilla Mansion, Brighton VIC
- Winner, Dick Bishop Memorial Prize for an Emerging Gippsland Artist, Latrobe Regional Gallery, Gippsland VIC
- Most Inventive Exhibit, Gippsland's Creative Waste, ARC Yinnar, Gippsland VIC
- Palazzo Vai, Monash University Prato, ITALY
- Bayside Design Market, Billilla Mansion, Brighton VIC
- Ambidextrous, MADCube Gallery, Melbourne VIC
- AmbiVIDEO, MADCube Gallery, Melbourne VIC